24.11.09

Tick tock!

I have no idea what this post is going to be about. I just feel like writing. And since I promised to write about marriage, that is exactly what I shall do!
Marriage is full of surprises. You know that famous quote in Forrest Gump? "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Marriage is also like a box of chocolates. It ain't ever too easy, ain't ever too hard, and it kicks you up and teaches you lessons you never knew existed. I am a little peaceful right now. With my husband, my life, and my choices. But that is the thing about marriage. If makes you feel fantastic one second, and in the dumps the very next.
Well... on second thought! Is that the fault of marriage? or is that our fault? Our inability to look beyond the bullshit (please excuse the language!). My husband always asks me to look beyond all the mundane nonsense, the stuff you can afford to ignore. I could learn a thing or two from him. He is quite an impeccable man. With a clear and unfaltering vision, he lives his life one day to the next. In his world, limited bullshit = limited drama = limited harassment. Unfortunately, this worked for him until he got married. See, that's the thing about marriage! No matter how perfect you are, your better (or worse) half can make things that much more challenging for you. I can plead guilty to make our first few months of marriage difficult for my husband. Although I know the saying that it takes two to tango, I also know that realization is a beautiful thing. Now, I don't claim to know the anecdote to making marriage work. I'm just saying that I think I'm finally on the right track.
What gave me this unobstructed opportunity to think? A) Living with my husband, on our own, without the in-laws, or constant family interference. B) Learning how amazing a human being my husband truly is. C) Knowing that no matter what, this is a choice that I made, and that it is also up to me to make it work.
Marriage. It is like a diamond. The more you chip away the roughened and unnecessary edges, the clearer it gets, and the more invaluable it is.
So, here's to a happy post and a happy day! (Note: I am happy despite having a fever, a runny nose, body pains, and a major sinus infection. That's what a great husband (and shopping!) can do for you when you feel like absolute turd!)

No comments:

Post a Comment