9.11.09

What an auspicious day to start!

Marriage. It changes everything you know as a person. It forces you to dig deep, muster strength, and nurture patience. But ever wonder... how did marriage come into existence? what does marriage mean? why do human beings strive to achieve a successful marriage as the ultimate goal? do we truly understand the purpose of marriage?
Many would say that marriage is a very individual experience. It is never the same for two people nor will it ever be. But the basic foundations of marriage will speak many languages to people from varying backgrounds and genders -- be it ethnic, financial, geographic, religious (or non), literate (or illiterate), and societal stature. So what is it about marriage that makes it common ground for people to relate? It was after my wedding and my first few months into marriage that I found myself asking these questions. And these few tumultuous months were the catalyst for this blog. A place where I hope to find myself in marriage, find reason where there are only doubts, and find peace in a union that will last a lifetime.
So keep reading... coz this blog will be a treat for all those married, single, committed, or in an it's complicated relationship status. You will relate to everything I write, and if you don't, you will be baffled by the things that marriage involves

Note: My experiences are purely that of a woman raised in a very open and tolerant family environment, but living in a society that has little tolerance for most things in life. However, let me assure you that no matter how different our backgrounds are, we will without a doubt understand each other.

1 comment: